Christmas celebrations starting too early

Noah McFatridge, Student Life Reporter

For a lot of people, this time of year is when people start to celebrate Christmas.

Noah McFatridge

But this is getting out of hand.

The moment Nov. 1 comes around, the celebration begins. TV ads about Christmas are becoming commonplace. Why do people celebrate Christmas at this time?

Well, it is the most popular holiday.

There is no school, and you get a lot fo cool gifts. The problem is, if you do the math, almost a sixth of the whole year is devoted to celebrating this one special day.

I mean, I love Christmas, but I would say to start celebrating around early December. All this Christmas hype is leaving poor Thanksgiving out by itself.

You don’t see Thanksgiving ads on TV. Thanksgiving is a pretty major holiday, too. It’s just that Christmas overshadows it. Even Halloween gets a bit overshadowed, but that could just be me.

How early should people start decorating for Christmas?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Thanksgiving Break is around the corner, but not a whole lot of people actually care a lot about it.

Another think I don’t like is all the decorations. Some people start getting the lights and inflatables at the beginning of November. I mean, is that even necessary?

That is totally wrong. Putting on decorations around late November and early December is just fine, but all the early decorations are ridiculous. People keep them up way too late, also. Some people put them up through February. That is just unnecessary.

Bottom line, Christmas is just celebrated and praised way too early.