Library provides virtual opportunity for NJHS points

Brendan Heilman, Clubs Editor

Amber Molina and Derrick Miller lead the National Junior Honor Society meeting. (Brendan Heilman)

National Junior Honor Society members have an opportunity at a new virtual opportunity.

Brody Morris prepares to ask a question during the National Junior Honor Society meeting. (Brendan Heilman)

During Tuesday’s NJHS meeting, club sponsor Amber Molina talked about the Duncan Public Library offering a virtual advisory board for NJHS members. Molina also shared a link on the club’s Google Classroom. An updated link will be shared at a later time.

While the advisory board was one of the topics discussed during the meeting, much of the meeting focused on members getting their required five points before the end of the semester. All point sheets are due Dec. 15.

Throughout the semester, the club sponsors have provided opportunities for students to get their points, from the canned food drive to help with Duncan Little Theatre. Some students have gone outside of those opportunities to get points, including volunteering at the Stephens County Humane Society.

“Yesterday, at the meeting, they talked about academic probation, and they said that academic probation is where you are not allowed to come to meetings because have below a 3.8 GPA,” NJHS President Noah McFatridge said.