Sports among hobby options

Luke McFatridge, Sports Reporter

Hobbies are one of our favorite things to do. Whether it be sports, music, knitting or building, we all do these things for one common reason: to have fun.

Luke McFatridge

At our early ages, we were probably forced by our parents to do something. Most kids do soccer in some form of a league. Our eight-year-old selves would much rather watch Minecraft tutorials on YouTube than kick a ball around a field for one and half hours.

Around 90 percent of us quit when we were in middle school. But you know what happened to the other 10 percent? They pursued it because they enjoyed it. If it hadn’t been for their mom, they would’ve never found out about what they liked.

Another benefit of hobbies is discipline. Discipline is one of the reasons were go to school. Most hobbies include some sort of benefit, like strength or patience.

I play saxophone in the band, and it has taught me a lot of things. I have learned to listen, pay attention, and much more. I have done those things, and guess what? Band has turned into one of my favorite hobbies. There are much more examples, but I can’t do them all here.

Every person has a hobby. If you don’t, then stop watching your YouTube, and explore the real world. There are so many hobbies out there, and you probably don’t even know what you might like.

There is so much to do in this big world, and it is you who has to make the change to do try things.